Donations and Contributions
Our organization is incorporated in the State of California as a Public Benefit Corporation. We are a tax-exempt nonprofit educational organization, qualified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
Therefore, our organization is exempt from payment of income taxes, and those who provide donations to our organization may be able to deduct such donations from their taxable income, depending upon the donors' tax filing status. We recommend you receive advice from a professional tax advisor to determine whether your donations are tax deductible.
How to Donate
Most donations of cash support our organization and RailGiants' Train Museum in or more of the following ways:
We gratefully appreciate all donations. You may donate in the following ways:
- Maintenance of our railroad equipment and rollingstock collection.
- Maintenance of our railroad artifact archives, and acquisition of related materials.
- Operational expenses.
If you would like to donate railroad archives or memorabilia, please call:
- Deposit anonymous donations of coin and/or currency in canisters located throughout RailGiants Train Museum.
- When purchasing items in our RailGiants Store, tell us we can "keep the change".
- You can send us a check by mail to:
The Railway and Locomotive Historical Society,
Southern California Chapter
P.O. Box 2250
Pomona CA 91769
If you wish to contribute a sizable amount and want to restrict it to a specific project or purpose, please contact us so that we can discuss what you have in mind.
- The Museum Depot on 909.623.0190
- Or write to:
1438 Cambridge Ave
Upland CA 91786
We are grateful for the generous gifts, donations, and contributions received from the following businesses, organizations, and entities.
Their contributions include the locomotives and rollingstock collection at RailGiants Train Museum, the land we use on the fairgrounds, and other operational assets and services.
- CommLine Inc.
- County of Los Angeles
- ExxonMobil Foundation
- Fruit Growers Supply Company
- Los Angeles County Fair Association
- Robert P. Warmington Co.
- Southern Pacific Railroad
- The (Bruce) Ward Revocable Living Trust
- The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company
- The Boeing Company, Employees Community Fund
- Union Oil Company of California
- Union Pacific Railroad Company
- United States Borax & Chemical Corporation